Every business should have a website and run social media channels, because they are effective and help you grow your business. Why do we think so?
In a nutshell:
The current situation
- World is digital & information is served through websites
- Digital platforms and channels are best ways to communicate and market
- We now rely more on the Internet and digital information
- In many cases up to 90% of buying decisions are based on search and website
- More and more mobile users and local customers make buying decisions based on a business’s website each day
The most important purposes of having a website, for businesses:
- Create your identity in the online world
- Publish and share information
- Do business activities
- Specifically, do marketing or selling
- Reach out to your audience
- Serve or satisfy your audience
- Connect and communicate with your audience
- Build your presence among your audience
- Build trust among your audience for your business and its products & services
- Promote and boost your business in order to attract more clients
A lot of people spend most of their time on the internet. This could be for buying a product, using a service, reading a blog, entertaining themselves, or for various other reasons. An average user spent 2 hours and 24 minutes per day on social media in 2020. The world’s population is 7.75 billion, of which 5.19 billion are mobile users. Last year, the global active internet users were 4.57 billion, with 4.2 billion of them being unique mobile internet users. In all, mobile has become a crucial part of how we live and communicate every day– especially through social media. Apps like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, WhatsApp, and Facebook Messenger have become almost synonymous with the term “social media”.
The world of the internet is fantastic. It continues to transform the way we connect with people, share information, and enhance the quality of our lives.
Considering the amount of time people spend on the internet, businesses have also moved online. Having a website for business owners of any size and a presence on social media has become crucial. If you are into a business and do not own a website, you might be losing a lot of potential customers. Knowing the importance of a website is key to grow your business many folds.
Listed below are 6 reasons proving the importance of website:
- 24/7 Presence: One of the major advantages of having a website is that it is accessible to anyone, anywhere, anytime. Even during non-business hours, customers can access your website and avail your services or get the information they need. The website is always at work to ensure that customers are always served in the comfort of their homes.
- Information Exchange: One of the most captivating aspects of a website is how easy it makes information accessible to customers. At its core, a website is nothing but a medium to communicate with customers and to provide them with information and resources. Over 50% of the customers expect any brand or business to have an online presence where they can access their services.
- Establish Credibility and Build Trust: Customers nowadays expect businesses to have a website or online presence. This is a crucial first step in establishing trust. From this perspective a website is highly important. To take it a bit further, if a business website is easy to use in its features and navigation, customers are more inclined to trust the business and avail of their services. Websites are an essential tool for businesses to establish their credibility and build trust with their customers. This can then be further boosted by local SEO services to attract a local demographic for businesses who might be new in the market.
- Sales & Revenue: The accessibility of your business grows exponentially with a website, as it can be accessed from any corner of the world. Hence, websites help businesses break geographical barriers and significantly increase their sales. If the reach of your website can cross the borders, the revenue can reach sky high.
- Visibility: Websites can become your online store, office, or showroom at minimal cost. A physical store will have visibility within a particular radius of its location, depending on its type. However, when it comes to a business with an online presence, the visibility or the reach has no limits. Users from any part of the world can access your services.
- Growth Opportunity: A website can act as a company’s portfolio or resume. This can prove to be beneficial for businesses as the website can act as a reference for potential investors in which they can get acquainted with your services, what you have achieved so far, and what your future plans are as a business.
BBH provides marketing and social media services to build a completely new webpage or, optimize your current one. We are experts in online and social media conversion.
We Create. You Profit.